News & Events
Several NOMAD partners were invited by the Electric Power Research Institute (EPRI) to participate in the virtual workshop on NDE for material characterization which took place on 14-17 December 2020.
The project coordinator, Madalina Rabung (Fraunhofer IZFP), presented the recent NOMAD resul...
The ADVISE and NOMAD European projects (H2020 Euratom) have the pleasure to announce the joint organisation of the “European Symposium on Non-destructive Evaluation for NPP” to be held on 4-5 May 2021 in Saarbrucken, Germany.
This 2-day event will bring together both projects, as well as a numbe...
The NOMAD consortium is happy to present a public status report introducing the project concept and consortium as well as providing insights into up to date information on the project progress, output and events. Next to an overview of the work status, short summaries and links to the scientific art...
One of the strategic research programs at the NMS Institute within SCK•CEN is related to radiation damage of existing reactor pressure vessel materials. The reactors of Gen-II/III are being operated worldwide in the perspective of long term operation (LTO), typically 60 years or even 80 years for th...
NUGENIA Association was transformed to become SNETP Association. This year, NUGENIA Association evolved and extended its scope to formally become SNETP Association (AISBL): an international non-profit association under the Belgium law, ratified by the royal decree WL22/16.102 on September 2019 and s...
Make your mark as Research Engineer (material science)
- conduct, follow-up and improve mechanical testing and irradiation programmes executed within different scientific research and commercial projects; including testing, evaluation, reporting and planning.
- be able to work autonomously after a...
The non-destructive characterization of the embrittlement of reactor pressure vessel (RPV) steels is being performed on standardized Charpy specimens in an increasing degree. The novelty of the work described by the NOMAD partner MTA-EK in the open access article 'Magnetic nondestructive inspection...
Upcoming Events – Meet the NOMAD Partners!
- SNETP FORUM 2021 – Towards innovative R&D in civil nuclear fission 02 Feb 2021 — 04 Feb 2021
- Registered NOMAD partners: Madalina Rabung (FhG-IZFP), Inge Uydtenhouwen (SCK CEN), José Luis Castresana (TECNATOM), Markus Niffenegger (PSI)
- European Symposium on NON-DESTRUCTIVE EVALUATION for NPP 04 May 2021 — 05 May 2021
- EPRI NDE for Materials Characterization Virtual Workshop 14 Dec 2020 — 16 Dec 2020
- Registered NOMAD partners: Madalina Rabung (FhG-IZFP), Inge Uytdenhouwen (SCK CEN), José Luis Castresana (TECNATOM), Markus Niffenegger (PSI)
- Kick-off Event for Horizon Europe 11 Dec 2020 — 16 Dec 2020
Joint Initiative of the Saarland State Chancellary, Saarland University and Route2025
- Registered NOMAD partner: Madalina Rabung (FhG-IZFP), Britta Theobald-Loeffler (EURICE)